Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Breaking down the song meaning

this is what i have found on the net which is other peoples interpretations




"And when Miranda sang Everyone turned away" as in nobody dared to help. And "Used to the noose they obey" I think just signifies that they all know what would happen to them in society if they stood up for her killing her husband. Which is what I believe is going on in this album, along with some other story I haven't totally figured out yet. 
My thoughts on the second verse: the first part of the second verse is talking about the lack of care. The Mother (who is supposed to care for her child) "bat a broken eyelid" this to me means that it's usually closed but she can pretend like she cares by occassionally opening it... or maybe even that she is unable to care? but it "rains maggots from its sty" which would point to the idea that her attempts to convey care are superfluous because the truth escapes and shows.

as for the second part of the second verse: this part is all about blood from the mouth which I take to mean words. I'm not sure if the "she" is referring to the mother or Miranda. but i think that the end result is that whoever it is produces more blood than would normally be present through an effort to draw it out- the "siphon" which is used to draw out water from a lake. so the lake becomes an ocean, of blood.
 
I thought they were very well thought out. To me however, the line "I've always wanted to eat glass with you again" refers to talking about family. If one were literally to eat glass, blood would come from their mouth. Blood is a word commonly used to describe the common link between family members. So I interpret this opening line as Miranda saying to her grandson, "I always wanted to talk to you, and tell you everything. Everything about who you are, and who your mother was, and all about your family. I always wanted to, but I couldn't. They were always watching." "They" being members of the church, represented in the song by the noose.

so yea theres a few nerds commenting on the song.........

No comments:

Post a Comment